Project Education India (student sponsorship program) was created in 1996 by a leap of faith. With little expertise, we ventured into the world of student sponsorship and provided financial support for 217 children from three ALC boarding homes in Tamil Nadu, India. We have been blessed by the partnership of 2,345 sponsors who have provided financial and spiritual support to nearly 6,000 students.
Sponsor support provides funds for shelter, food, clothing, medical care and school supplies. Children come from families in India who value education but cannot provide the kind of opportunities they would like for their children.
- FAQs about sponsorship
- Online Sponsorship Form
- Communicate with your Sponsored Student
- 2017 Sponsor Newsletter Web
Please help us find sponsors for 200 waiting students! Review the above links, and contact Mary at 612.806.0732 or email email@example.com with questions.
LPGM works to improve literacy and exposure to the English language with our partner ALC School Projects. What began as the Library Program in 2007 has grown into a spoken English program in all of the ALC’s schools and, in the process, transformed families and communities, many of whom never thought they would have the chance to learn English.
Today, in addition to working with students, the English+ Program also provides spoken English training for teachers and spoken English experiences for families. “Champion” Jane Koons regularly shares the progress of this work from her travels to India each year. Some highlights:
- Parents and teachers exclaim, “ENGLISH+ is a gift for us. Our students are improving in English every day.”
- School admissions have increased because of the enhanced English program. Students are asking, “Teacher, when will we have the next ENGLISH+ class?”
- Keeping the libraries refreshed with new books, some bilingual, is helping the program to continue its effectiveness.
- “… the program removes the fear of learning English. Now great interest is created and they learn with pleasure and new vision.”
The English+ Program has been a partnership between the ALC School Project (India), the LEGO Foundation (Denmark), and LPGM.