Ways to Give
Where Needed Most
Support global education, invest in new partnerships, and engage a new generation in global ministry.
Education in Guatemala
Help girls stay in school and learn about important ecologically friendly agriculture practices through CCFC.
Sponsor a Student
Or Renew Your Sponsorship
Sponsorship provides funds for shelter, food, clothing, medical care and school supplies for students of all ages in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Support Access to Quality Education: Children, women, and families are educated, empowered, and provided opportunities for a brighter future because of your generosity. Over 85% of your donation is used directly for programs.
- Invest in New Partnerships: Your support empowers us to expand our reach and mission in the world. Your gift sustains current partnerships while we seek new ways to engage with congregations, individuals, and communities in need.
- Engage a New Generation in Global Ministry: Your gift supports unique and transformational travel opportunities for people of all ages. Gifts allow LPGM to expand outreach efforts to engage younger adults and youth in our global ministry and travel opportunities.
Our Promise to You
We commit to wisely steward all of the resources we receive in order to best serve the needs of our partners locally and overseas. We pledge to be intentional and efficient with every dollar donated and are truly grateful for your generosity. View our most recent financial and annual reports.
More Ways to Give
Planned or Legacy Gifts
Make a lasting contribution to ensure that LPGM’s programs continue well into the future. Here are several ways to make a financial commitment from your estate plans:
- Bequests: Make a gift to support our future work by including LPGM in your will or living trust which offers an estate tax charitable deduction. These gifts can provide a critical base of reliable support for our programs.
- Retirement Plan Assets: Use your tax deferred retirement plan to continue supporting our work. If you have an IRA and are over the age of 70½, you can make a gift to LPGM of up to $100,000 directly from your account without paying federal income tax on the withdrawal. Learn More.
- Charitable Trusts: Explore ways a life income gift can pay income to you or your chosen beneficiary for a term of years or for life and also provide future support for our global ministry.
- Life Insurance: Naming LPGM in a life insurance policy that is no longer needed for family support or liquidity may be an excellent vehicle for a gift. Consult your tax advisor to see if this type of planning makes sense for you and your loved ones.
Give by Mail
Our mailing address is:
Lutheran Partners in Global Ministry
5200 Willson Road, Suite 280
Minneapolis, MN 55424-1332
Give Stocks or other Securities
There are many advantages to stock and securities gifts including:
- avoiding capital gains tax when you give long-term appreciated securities to LPGM;
- receiving a charitable income tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the stock if it has been held for more than a year; and
- allowing LPGM to receive the full fair market value of the donated securities.
Thrivent Choice Dollars®
Are you a Thrivent member who’s eligible to direct Choice Dollars®?
By directing Choice Dollars, eligible Thrivent members recommend where Thrivent should distribute its charitable grant funds. Lutheran Partners in Global Ministry is a registered recipient of Thrivent Choice. Contributions received through the Thrivent Choice program are added to LPGM’s general fund and applied where funds are needed most. Directing Choice Dollars is easy.
Honorary or Memorial Gifts
To make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one, please include a note with any gift so we can accurately record it. If you would like us to send a card to an individual or family notating your gift, please include the recipient’s name for acknowledgement.
Employer Matching Gifts
Some organizations match employee or member contributions. Let us know if you need information from us to complete a matching form.
Alternative Gift Fairs
Alternative gift fairs give shoppers the opportunity to purchase personal, poignant, and fun gifts that support LPGM partners in India, the Central African Republic, and Guatemala. At a gift fair, people make donations on behalf of friends and family to provide things like school supplies, teacher trainings, medicines for patients and more.
Organizing an alternative gift fair can be done with friends, neighbors, members of your faith community, or at the office. Alternative gift fairs are social and fun community gatherings that alleviate the stress of a packed shopping mall while supporting worthwhile causes.
Do you want to host an Alternative Gift Fair? LPGM can offer ideas and catalog samples. We look forward to assisting you in this meaningful effort!
If you have questions about any of the information here, please contact the office: 612.823.5058 or email@example.com.