June 19-29 2019 | Community Cloud Forest Conservation | Intergenerational Trip – Open
July 27 – August 6 2019 | Community Cloud Forest Conservation | Intergenerational Trip – Open
Sponsored by LPGM in partnership with the Community Cloud Forest Conservation (CCFC) in Guatemala, these trips allow individuals and/or families to experience a different culture in a fun and educational format. Trip objectives are to:
- Experience and learn from a different culture
- Work alongside CCFC on projects that are ongoing in education and agroecology
- Share the love of Christ
Things that make this destination a particularly good opportunity for adults and/or families with children are:
- It is close to home. From Minneapolis it is only about three hours to Texas and then another three hours to Guatemala City.
- It is safe. CCFC takes care of all the travel logistics from pick-up at the airport to drop-off at the airport.
- It is affordable. The cost of recent trips were between $1,250 to $1,400/person. This includes all food, lodging, ground transportation, and medical travel insurance. In addition, airfare is approximately $1,200/person. Other costs to consider are a passport, visits to a travel clinic, and vaccines and/or preventative medicines for travel to Guatemala.
- It is appropriate for kids. The days are packed with active learning, participating with children in the local schools, and ample free time for fun activities.
The trips are designed for groups of up to 18 people. The inter-generational trip is recommended for families with school-age children (ages 7 and up). All are welcome: single, families, parent or grandparent with one or more children. It works well both for entire families or as a one-on-one experience for one parent/grandparent and one child.
The accommodations are clean and rustic. Be ready to be flexible!
Call Mary, 612.806.0732, if you are interested in being on the list for a future trip.